I’ve been looking for a good way to cook brown rice on stove top. I’ve perfected cooking white rice but brown rice not so much. I think I might have found something that works!
2 rice bowls brown rice
2 and 1/4 bowls water
1. Measure out brown rice in a pot.
2. Rinse the rice thoroughly.
3. Add water.
4. Bring to a simmer.
5. Cover tightly.
6. Turn the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes.
2. The rice has a slight chew to it and is a touch mushy which I surprisingly like. It shouldn’t be wet and pasty.
4. I make 2 rice bowls so that I have leftovers to make things like fried rice.